About FIAB Organization
The Feed Industries Association of Bangladesh was established in 2008. It is the only body for animal feed manufacturers in Bangladesh which include: Poultry, Aqua and Cattle Feed. FIAB is a member of the Federation of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI); endorsed by the Ministry of Commerce, and registered with the Joint stock company in 2011, as a not-for-profit business association, under section 28 of the companies Act 1994.
Bangladesh has a unique, hi-tech Feed Industry. The technologies are mostly imported from Europe and USA and a few from China. Almost 98 per cent poultry, aqua and cattle feeds are manufactured in commercial feed mills. At present the industry is meeting the total local demand.
The industry maintains high standards & quality and ensure a ‘double check-ups’ before marketing their products.
Almost all the large feed mills have their own laboratory. Every single ingredient is tested here before use. The ingredients, whether imported or locally collected, are not allowed to use unless it gets OK certificate from the Lab.
– To promote and protect & safeguard the common interest of its members at home and abroad.
– To watch over and protect the general trading interests in every sphere of Poultry, Fish, Shrimps and Cattle Feed trade of Bangladesh or any part thereof and the interests of persons engaged in the trade in Bangladesh.
– To enlighten and help the farmers and others in the safe and economy & management of Feed of Poultry, Fish, shrimp, Cattle and all kinds of animal Feeds as well as the healthy atmospheres of poultry and Fishery Sector.
– To foster the responsible and safe production of Poultry, Fish, Shrimp and Cattle feed for the interest of the Community and other matters affecting the trade.
– To promote or oppose legislative and other matters affecting the trade.
– To collect and circulate statistics and other information relating to the Poultry, Fish and Cattle Farming
– To adjust controversies between members of the Association
– To establish just and equitable principles in the Feed Mills Management.
– To form a code or codes of practices to simplify and facilitate transaction of deal in feed industries.
– To communicate with trade Associations and other mercantile and public bodies throughout the world and concert and promote measures for the protection of the trade and persons engaged therein and specially in matters touching the interest of Members of the Association.
– To acquire by purchase, or otherwise, lands building or other property, movable or immovable, which the Association, for the purposes thereof, may from time to time think proper to acquire.
– To sell, improve, manage, develop, exchange, lease, sublet, and mortgage dispose or turn of account or otherwise deal with, all or any part of the property of the Association.
– To construct upon any land acquired for the purposes of the Association any building or buildings for the purposes of the Association and to alter, add to or remove any building upon such premises.
– To borrow or raise any money required for the purposes of the Association upon such terms and in such manner and on such securities as may be determined, and in particular by the issue of debentures charged upon all or any of the property of the Association.
– To enter into any arrangement with any Government, or Authorities, Municipal or otherwise that may seem conducive to the objects of the Association, or any of them, and to obtain farm any such Government of Authority any rights, privileges and conversions that the Association may think it desirable to obtain, and to carryout, exercise, and comply with any such arrangement, fights, privileges, and concessions.
– To initiate and assist in schemes for the Poultry, Fish and Cattle Farming related to Feed Mills.
– To initiate and assist in schemes in furtherance of Feed Industries Promotion at home and abroad.
– To establish and support or aid in the establishment and support of Association, Institutions, Funds, Trusts and convenience calculated to benefit employees of the Association or the dependents or connections or such persons, and to make payment towards insurance and subscribe or guaranteeing money for charitable or benevolent objects, or for any exhibition or for any public, general or useful object.
– To invest the fund of the Association not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
To advance money to such persons, associations or companies and on such terms as may seem expedient.
– To obtain any provisional order or legislation for enabling the Association to carry any or its objects into effect or for effecting any modification of any existing legislation touching the Feed industries trade in Bangladesh Or for any, other purpose, which may seem expedient, and to oppose any proceedings or applications, which may seem calculated, directly or indirectly, to prejudice the Feed industries trade in Bangladesh.
– To promote freedom of contract and to resist, insure against counteract and discourage interference therewith and to subscribe to any Association or Fund for any such purpose.
– To protect the Members of Association against person whose character of circumstances renders them unworthy of participating in carrying on the poultry, Fish & Cattle Feed trade.
– To consider, originate, support improvements in the laws affecting The Feed Industries.
– To subscribe to become a member of, and co-operate with any other Association whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of this Association. And procure from and communicate to any Association such information as may be likely to forward the objects of this Association,
– To remunerate any person or company for services rendered or to be rendered in placing or assisting to place or guaranteeing the placing of any debentures or other securities of the Association;
– To draw, make, accept, execute and issue bills of exchange, bills of landing, and other negotiable or transferable instruments.
– The Association shall be not for profit and all the income of the Association shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the aims and objects of the Association, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association. No portion thereof shall be paid or transferred by way of dividend or bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit to anyone.
– Provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment of remuneration allowances to any officers or servants of the association or to any member thereof or other persons return for any service rendered to the Association.
– Provided further that no member of the Association shall be appointed to any salaried office of Association, or any office of the Association paid by fees. Also that no remuneration shall be given by the Association to any member except payment of out-of-pocket expenses and interest on money lent or rent for premises demised to the Association.
– The liability of the members of the Association is limited by guarantee.
– Every member of the Association undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Association in the event of the same being wound up during the time that he/she is a member or within one year afterwards for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Association contracted before the time at which he ceases to be a member and of the cost, charges and expenses of winding up the same and for the adjustment of rights or the contributors amongst themselves such amount as may be required, not exceeding To. 3,000/
– If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Association there remains, after the Satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Association but shall be given of transferred to some other institutions having objects similar to the objects of this Association, to be determined by the members three fourth votes of members of the Association in the extra ordinary General meeting at or before the time of the dissolution, and in default thereof by such judge of the highest Law Court of Bangladesh as may have or acquire jurisdiction in this matter.